Monday, January 25, 2010

Posh cards




I bought more Posh stamps. They were a very good price and I just couldn't turn them down! I have spent hours playing with them and having all kinds of fun. The first and second cards are done with a scoring technique on glossy cardstock. Color is applied to the scored card with a blending felt similar to the Tim Holtz tool. The first one was stamped with Posh "tall grasses" stamp and the second one with the Posh "vine" stamp.

The third and fourth cards were made using the Posh cultural stamps which were stamped and cut out. The dragon card was embossed with gold EP. They were all really fun to do. Love those Posh stamps!

I started out the week by checking my weight. 56 pounds down!! I am so glad. It is very hard, but well worth it. I am beginning to see a bit of difference!

Katy, my daughter, and her sweet husband, Darin, are moving on Feb. 13 to Pennsylvania. This is a very hard thing to deal with. That is a world away. Thank goodness for cell phones with free minutes nationwide! We can at least talk every day if we need to. I will miss them terribly.

That is all in my world for this minute. I need to get something on the needles to knit and I will be very content with life in general!

2 comments:

  1. Laela, your cards are beautiful! I love the scoring on the first two. I couldn't figure out what you had done at first. :-) Congrats on the weight loss; keep up the terrific job you've been doing. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! The scored cards kinda remind me of one card I had published, but I only drew the lines in with a ruler and marker on a strip of paper over a diamond shadow stamp. I love yours! =0)

    ReplyDelete