Thursday, October 8, 2009

More Stamping





These three cards are using Close To My Heart stamps, paper, ink and embellishments. I love my Posh stamps, but I use different brands and styles to suit my moods! Generally I use at least one Posh stamp in a card, but these three are all CTMH. The first one is very straight forward. No cool techniques used. Just a bunch of stuff stuck together. The other two, however, have a little more "tech" work.

The "Life is Good" card has a panel of paper that has been put through the Cuttlebug machine. I then did direct to paper with Versamark ink only on the embossed tops of the design. I embossed it with clear EP. That made it look shiny in the high places. A few brads and some sponging and cutting with scalloped scissors made that one done.

The bottom card has the green pieces that were put through the CB machine. The folder was inked with Juniper dye based ink directly from the ink pad onto the plastic. White card stock was then put in the folder and embossed. It made the base Juniper colored and the tops of the embossed paper remained white. It did not look finished, and I could not figure out what to do with it. I left it and when I came back, I had a "Waa-Laa" moment! Pearls. I don't know if you can see them very well on the pic, but there are pearls around the edge of the card and in the middle of the flower.

Sometimes I have ideas that just keep coming. Other times I have to drag them out of my brain kicking and screaming. I know they are in there. They are just comfortable where they are and would rather not come out! Maybe tomorrow I'll show some knitting I just finished.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we want to see knitting! LOL I love your cards, they are all gorgeous. Your ideas are spectacular once you coax them out. :) I really need to do some stamping - got to find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful cards, Laela! I especially like the last one!

    ReplyDelete